Thursday, November 17, 2011

Guatape ITU World Cup Race Report

Following up with the altitude tent post, my race report version of "Sleeping my Way to the Top" can be found on DC Rainmaker.com. It features tales of mudslides, garbage bag rain coats and over-fried fish. Check it out. And to avoid accusations of cross-posting, I will include bonus material for loyal slog fans. Some blogs have give-aways... I present you with low-resolution pictures.

Here are the elite men lining up on the pontoon. There were 60 of them, and earlier on in the morning, 50 women started the race.

The moto leads the way around the bike course:

Andy Potts got a flat tire and ran around like a mad man for a replacement wheel to finish the race. Slam dunk!
The men exiting the second transition--from the bike to the run.

I think he was in a scavenger hunt and gathering as many signatures as possible.

A view while ascending El Peñón de Guatapé. I'm aware the font changed...
Euros scaling the stairs.
Bird's eye view of the hotel.

View from the top.
Attending church, kind of.
Clowns. Yes, it's as fun as it looks.

Flora outside my hotel room. The bars over the windows helped me feel right at home--just like my old apartment on U St.
A minor lapse in judgment at the Medellin airport led to this.

2 comments:

  1. buenos recuerdos. so many buenos recuerdos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you need the best of your strength, additional nutrition is a powerful help. I am taking Navy Seal Formula manufactured by MGNutritionals. It gives me incredible amount of energy and pushes me harder during my workouts. I have never been in such a good shape.

    ReplyDelete